7 Food/Drinks To Avoid After Eating Eggs.
As a mummy, I love giving eggs to my boys for their protein. And when I came across this article, I thought it’ll be good to share with mummies who may be introducing eggs into their little ones’ diet.
The original article is in chinese and I’m trying my best to translate it so as to benefit mummies who can’t read chinese. Mummies who are good in mandarin, please feel free to email me to correct my translation. 😉
Despite the nutritional benefits of eggs, chinese physicians believe that all food when eaten together, can either enhance the value of the food or cause harm to our body. In some serious cases, it may even cause death.
Here, I’m going to share on the 7 food and drinks NOT to be taken together with eggs :
- Sugar – Sugar can cause the protein to be hard to dissolve and absorbed by our body. To fully benefit from the nutritions from eggs, please avoid sugar.
- Persimmon – It may cause food poisoning, acute gastroenteritis or calculus of lung. In general, eating these 2 food together may cause vomiting, diarrhea stomach pain which are symptoms of acute gastroenteritis. If consumed within 1-2 hours, you may try induce vomiting. Dissolve 20g of salt into 200ml of water and finish it at one go. If this fails to induce vomiting, try a few times to vomit out. Or, you may add some fresh ginger juice to warm water and drink it. If you had consumed the 2 food for a longer time, you may need to take some laxatives to help pass out the toxic. (My advise is, see a doctor if unwell.)
- Soya Milk – Soya milk alone is nutritious. But when consumed together with or after eggs, it destroys the nutritional benefits and defeats the purpose of both the egg and soya milk.
- Goose meat & Rabbit meat – May cause diarrhea. (May not be so applicable in Singapore).
- Turtle meat – May cause food poisoning.
- Antibiotic – If any inflammation, do not take antibiotics after eating eggs. Especially for those with digestive issue and diarrhea, please do not take eggs. Since eggs are rich in protein, it may have adverse effect on the medication.
- Tea – Taking tea after eggs, it will slow down the bowel movement in the intestines resulting in not only constipation, it will increase the toxic and carcinogenic substances (substances that produce cancer).
Other Tips to share on Eggs :
* Eggs that are cooked overnight will breed bacteria, especially if the egg is not fully cooked.
* Tea Eggs (茶叶蛋) should be avoided too due to point no. 7 mentioned above which may cause cancer.
* Raw Eggs contain lots of bacteria which can be destroyed under high heat (cooking throughly). It also contains a substance that is harmful to our digestive system.
(Note: When breaking eggs, avoid contact with the exterior of the egg shell as it has bacteria too! I always washed the whole egg first before breaking it.)
* Take Eggs in moderation. Though eggs are high in nutritional value, too much eggs will cause obesity and may be harmful to the liver and kidney.
Well, after sharing the above, my stand is eat everything in moderation and be careful with what we eat. I rather be branded as more choosy than eat the wrong food or worse, feed the wrong food to our little ones.
As parents, it is our responsibility to choose the right food for our little ones. And it is also our first priority to take good care of our own body before we can take care of our little ones and watch them grow in our love.
Hope all mummy and daddy will stay strong and healthy to take good care of their little ones and shower them with unconditional love. Cheers! 🙂
Click here for the original article.